Happy New Year To You!
OK get ready for a photo dump of our Christmas break. This is mostly for our family who weren't able to be with us, but the rest of y'all are invited to wade through the photos, too! :)
Christmas Day
They got to spend their first Christmas amid the craziness of our home, what a treat! ha ha
Aggghhh!! Where did the time go?
(very close second was the 18-wheeler with a billion hot wheels cars from Nana and Grandpa...can you tell what he's "into" right now???)
San Antonio Trip
The weekend after Christmas, we packed up and headed south to see our beloved San Antonio!

I can remember going here a lot, on dates and after dances and with some of my best friends. It was fun to take him there to see it.
What is a trip to San Antonio without pretending to be a tough cowboy? (And yes, Jeff bought that hat downtown. He makes a good cowboy, no?)
Jed and Ali....aren't they a darling couple? We just love them.Playing with Christmas Toys
Saying Good-bye to Nana

Chuck E. Cheese's
I'd told Ali that I'd won on this game before...hit the jackpot of 200 tickets...and then told her I was going to do it again. Well, I did! I won the jackpot again! Must be luck or incredible skill ;)
Northpark Center "Trains"
Each year one of the malls in Dallas puts together a train exhibit, to benefit the Ronald McDonald house. You walk in, and are surrounded by model trains that run past so many fun scenes. I hadn't been to this exhibit since I worked at the Williams-Sonoma in the mall (which was about six and a half years ago) and it has changed and developed and grown so much since then. It even has its own store space now. So cool, and a lot of fun, even though Nate wanted to continually remind us that "Trains are NOT my favorite thing." Point taken. But still an awesome thing to do.
Traditional Christmas tree pictures


Christmas Joy

Okay, I hate to admit that I have a favorite gift (everything I received was fabulous, really) but every time I look at this Willow Tree statue that my sister Ali gave to me, I get teary-eyed. I've never seen this one before, and I love everything about it. I love how the little baby is reaching up to its mother, and how they are all turned toward each other. It reminds me of what is most important in my life, and what a significant role a mother plays in shaping her children into productive and contributing and loving adults. It is just so sweet, and exactly how I would want to remember this time in my life, with my amazing two little boys who bring me so much joy. I am so thankful to be a mother.


5 comments:
Happy New Year! Awesome pictures, and I love your sentiment about being a mom :)
awww, what a sweet gift. and just think, my peppermint bark was trumped. dang. i'll have to try harder next year. LOL. :)
so fun to see these pics, thanks for putting them up!! we wish we could have been there to see everyone. but we'll see you soon, right? right?? :)
Looks like a TON of fun! I can't believe I missed you when you came down. You even came to our ward?!?! Sheesh, PJ was ordained a decon that Sunday so we went up to my parents ward. HUGE BUMMER! Please pass on to your parents how sad I was.
how fun! gotta love christmas...we got a christmas toy that you got too...the Wii Fit! Love the tree standing position....
Cute pictures!! You are the coolest mom for being able to win the jackpot of tickets. Can you give some of your magic to me?
Post a Comment